Sunday, January 31, 2010

Wintarmanoth

Now the month is closing.

I've written a lot of blogs this month -- this one will be #12. The rennaissance and reformation were conceived in the friction of darkness... you may read between the blogs.

My friends have brought so much to my life this month. Backpacking, outreach, awesome conversations, fun adventures. I only wish that I could be more like them: christ-like.

Studies are going ok -- no, not great. I've struggled to hold on to discipline and motivation: after a full year and a half of studying, focus sometimes drains away: I'm left feeling floating, knowing I'm sinking.

I've wrestled with God, failed Him, run with Him, gardened with Him, pled with Him, been angry at Him, told Him I loved Him, left Him, surrendered to Him. I wish I had done more with Him.

I think the Great Controversy has reached a crescendo on this campus. I've never been so hopeful and doubtful at once of the chances for an incredible revival on our campus. The people who read this blog will necessarily fall into two categories:
A) Off campus
B) On campus

Group A): Please pray for this campus. With everything you've got. There is explosive potential here -- with God's help, we could turn this world on its head.
Group B): We must work together. I get discouraged and insular by myself. Let's pray, talk, and work as a team. I'm tired of theory and postulation: let's make our own Acts story with God.

4 comments:

Christy Joy said...

It's intriguing how blogging/writing works - darkness brings a desire to push back the shadows by expressing, sharing, and hopefully discovering answers through the process.

I have been reading between the blogs and I've been praying for you as a result. Having gone through my own period of struggle and searching, also expressed through my blog, let me share what I've learned. Struggle is one of the most positive things you will ever encounter. It will deepen you, stretch you, and make you into the person you wanted to be before the struggle but never could quite muster the courage to be. So let it come. Express it, share it. Don't hold it in. But most of all, hold on to God through it all. You'll find that He is not only holding your head above the murk right now as you slog through the suffocating swamp but He'll be there when the light begins to dawn and the waters recede, stronger, more real and alive to you than ever before.

Caitlin said...

Thank you for your honesty. And for your leadership. Hold fast to courage. He who began the work will complete it.

Jonas said...

Christy: I quote:

"Struggle is one of the most positive things you will ever encounter."

"[Struggle is a ] ... slog through the suffocating swamp..."

Is there anyone you know that is "out" of the swamp? What are they like?

Unknown said...

Great admonition. Friends are a wonderful gift that God gives to help fashion and become the people we are. Good to hear how you're doing.