Saturday, January 16, 2010

tribute to a friend

As per an email from Dr. Gordon Beitz: Dr. Rick Seidel is dead.

It is hateful to have to make the transition from saying: "I know Dr. Seidel" to "I knew Dr. Seidel."

I am one of the three General Biology TA's in his 3:30 Monday Lab. I was.

I was impressed by the organization and energy he brought to our department. He was someone I enjoyed working with: intelligent, professional, humble. Fun.

This time, death cut close. My heart is achy. We are so fragile.

And to retreat from eternity? Impossible.

I'm going to surrender to God right now. Will you join me?

3 comments:

Kristin said...

1 Peter 1:3,4
Isaiah 57:1,2
John 6:38-40

I pray God's word and faithful promise will help lessen the ache in time.

Laurel said...

I will.

May Christ come soon!

david said...

yes brother.