Sunday, March 21, 2010

eternity's ellipsis

I saw a ripple in the clouds,
running across the rye
Like a pebble in a lake,
skating circles in the sky.

I found a rainbow in a tear,
dropping silent on earth
Like to screaming in the wind,
tossing around on the berth.

I heard a whisper in the mist,
dancing around the night
Like an echo in the past,
finding dead things in the bright.

I knew the master by His plan,
straining heart with a seive
Like to leaping off a cliff,
seizing meaning I will live.

photo source: here

4 comments:

Caitlin said...

like a pebble in the lake
skating circles in the sky.

:) thank you.

Kristin said...

John, well written. You never cease to amaze me with your talent for writing.

Favorite lines: I found a rainbow in a tear, dropping silent on earth.

Joel said...

what does 'finding dead things in the bright' mean?

Jonas said...

Imagine seeing a man lie down on the sidewalk in the middle of the day, cover himself with a blanket, and die.

For me, it's a memory.

I'm using the timbre of that memory to refer to something else.