Monday, June 22, 2009

Proportions




How big is God? Why is it easier for me to see His design under the microscope and in the sky than in my own life? God is a spirit (John 4:23). Spirits are not confined to a space dimension (Wind-Spirit analogy: John 3:8). His creation occupies a set amount of space, and in that way, it is dissimilar from Him. So, when I look at something that fills a very different proportion of space from myself, I may approach to that "dissimilarity factor" with which God views his creation.  




2 comments:

Christy Joy said...

Really neat thoughts, John Elliott. I was thinking about a similar topic last night as I was out on the dock looking up at the incredibly expansive sky. I really like the space dimension context. I'd never thought of it in that specific way before. It opens up a host of new ideas!

jackie said...

this is incredible. i think about similar things like this a lot. i have been having difficulty in my relationship with god lately so i've been looking everywhere for answers.