Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Down for Repairs



I think I've grown soft at college, or at least my luck is down.

While walking about the house (barefoot) on Friday, I stepped on a tiny fragment of glass which buried itself in my heel. All attempts to extract the foreign body have been unsuccesful... at least it doesn't hurt very much!

This morning (Tuesday), while working on stocking firewood in our woodshed, a piece of dust flew into my right eye. It opted to settle there for the duration of the day, causing considerable stimulation of the lacrimal duct. :)

For all that, being home is wonderful. I have been treated to excellent food, sleep, and the occasional spectacular sunset!

6 comments:

Jan Robert (Robby) Heiberg said...

Sorry to hear about your accidents John...!
That is a beautiful sunset! I hope I'll be able to visit you guys again sometime up in Maine.

Kristin said...

Sad story...
I hope you begin to recover, or find a good repairman :)

Oh, btw, I would be interested to hear how your ride home was...

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon!

Caitlin said...

Rest is a good repairman.
Caution is good prophalaxis.

Caitlin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julianne said...

hmmm. with the bandage on the eye, I was a bit surprised to hear about an injury to the foot. sorry about that, jonasbar.

I'm sure home is nice. I'm enjoying a weekend off between semesters in ochem. I'm in Calgary with some of my classmates who live here. I was showing them pictures of our grand sailing trip last July. They were very impressed with the beauty. Me too.
See you soon!