Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Summer

Darkness has descended on another of my carefree summer days. Summer days that have flown, full of delightfully unprioritized tasks. Summer days that have melded into a potpourri of faintly forgetfull notions, once solved in sleep-- they seem to melt back into dilemma with the rising of the sun.

Try to find ten words, or a thousand if you like, that will describe your summer, and you'll find the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts. And so I crash into the wall of my inexpressible summer, and when I try to take the wall down, I find my mind too clumsy.

I have remembered Peru all summer long. Most everything reminds me about Peru, and many times it's not the similarities.


I have thought about going to College. I'm so afraid; I'm so excited.

We have had grand adventures, sailing, hiking, and swimming.

But what I like most about this summer, is the fact that I could be together with family. All the places I have been, and all the things I have done, are filled with thoughts of past and future, and then, as now, I'm thinking of my family.

2 comments:

Ansley said...

Jonas! You have a new blog! I would have never figured it out, had I not gone to Alex's blog and seen two clearly labeled links. Thanks, Alex. It was good to talk to you yesterday, pirmito, and I look forward to seeing you soon. Enjoyed the pictures and stories from your summer. Blessings!

Petraglyph said...

Delightfuly written, my dear Jonas. I'm honored to be a new member of your family.