Friday, July 30, 2010

reflection

Harpswell, ME. Friday Evening.

I went for a sail on our Laser ( 4.07 meters LOA) with Titus and Teegan (sp.?) this afternoon. They are a brother and sister aged 11 and 8 respectively. We explored coves and islands along the coast, talked about wind and dolphins, and wondered why sailors call food "grub."

When we got back to the dock, T&T took the canoe back to the shore while I tied up the boat. I enjoyed the swim.

Now the setting sun lightens all the greens and blues in natures resolution, like an organist pulling out all the stops at the end of a fugue. There are some moments which are so beautiful that the shivers run from my back straight into my heart.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful reverie, John. Thanks for letting us join you ... even for a little bit.

Ansley said...

I prayed for you yesterday! Hope the test went well! And I'm excited that we'll be in the same geographical neighborhood this coming school year. Adventures for sure!

Heather said...

Those moments make me wonder.

They are so beautiful and inexplicable.